Sunday, June 5, 2011

Budding Journalist

See full size image

An eMagazine for TDRites
--------------------------------------------


Hi Team

Sindhuja is daughter of 'Anbudan Aparna'  of TDR and she is doing her Journalism at Hyderabad. During her second year she took initiative and got appointment with Sri Chandrababu Naidu and did an interview.for her one of paper Print media.

Let us all join hands and bless her for her Journey...

Regards
TDR Times



On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Sindhuja Iyer <iyersindhuja@ymail.com> wrote:





  
As I settle down to pen my emotions,   I am challenged by the flow of my thoughts as to what I am supposed to write….should I write something that interests me or something that would interest you(the reader)…then I let my mind wander about the group and decide to put in words my childhood experiences…
But the I realize that I belong to a generation which has been chained by the pressures of academic excellence…we are taught to see our neighbours as arch enemies in a battle of marks and grades rather then as friends with whom we play….
Our generation talks to computers and plays with x box….as the pleasure of childhood is gone with the golden age when kids had races with their tiffen boxes floating in the river behind the school or cycled in the school playground….i turn green as I join the time travel led by ramji uncle and sridhar uncle who take us through the exortic world of their childhood every week and fill the hearts with joy and a tear drop in every eye….

As I have still not made up my mind as to what I am supposed to write I am posting an interview which I’d done during my second year in college…hope it doesn’t bore you guys….


YOUNGISTHAN TIMES
CHIEF EDITOR:
SINDHUJA IYER
AN ASTONISHING EXPERIENCE

The NTR BAVAN was buzzing with activity as our correspondent tries to catch up with the opposition party leader about the recent floods in the state and his political career during his busy schedule. Excerpts from the interview…
Credited with developing Hyderabad as the techno hub the president of TDP MR. N. CHANDRABABU talks to about ‘what next’ for the states progress as an opposition leader….

Ø  Initially you were an MLA of CONGRESS now you’re the party president of the TDP. How do you feel about this transformation and how was your journey?
Nothing comes bout easily…and even I had my ups and downs…and talking about the transformation , it was not a transformation of my loyalties from one party to another…it’s the conflicting ideals f the party which I could not appose by being a part of it which led me towards choosing something more close to my heart…. And when you’re in politics to serve people then being with the ruling party or being the opposition doesn’t matter….
 
Ø  You were on a tour to the flood affected areas .what do you think about the relief operations being taken up by the government?

When ever a natural calamity occurs like this there are three things to be done immediately like rescue, relief and rehabilitation. Rescue is saving of all the people, animals etc…relief is providing food, drinking water, clothes, utensils, etc…to the people…finally comes the process of rehabilitating the people by giving them medicines and helping them rebuild their homes etc…as far as the government’s activities are concerned the rehabilitation process is very slow. The slit is not being removed properly which increases the risk of infections, epidemics etc….




Ø  Can you say something abut the activities that are being taken up by your party, for the flood victims…?
The NTR memorial trust is being actively involved in serving people in all fields…we are now focusing on the relief activity by providing them with all the basic needs for their day-to-day life when they are battling for food. Our doctors along with the mobile clinics have camped in the flood regions. Even now a few vehicles are leaving today with many volunteers from the state and I would join them this evening….




Ø  What do you think about corruption in India? Do you think there is a solution to this problem?
Corruption is like an epidemic which has no definite origin but effect everybody. If you speak of corruption, general opinion is that only the people with some powers are involved. But each and every person opts to corruption in some part of their life. It is like the global warming and does not have a fixed solution and whatever is our opinion about it we just cant ignore it….


Ø  Before we windup what’s your message to students like me?
Study well and achieve your dreams….it is necessary that youngsters get themselves involved actively in community service...which does not mean that all should opt for joining some NGO’S its just that everybody should consider it as their responsibility to give back something to the society…and you can also get involved in politics but only if your motive is service and not power….


As told to our correspondent
SINDHUJA.S.IYER

No comments:

Post a Comment