Sunday, November 27, 2011

Entharo Mahanu Bhavulu !-By M Venkataraman

From Venkatrama Sir’s Karuvuulam
Entharo Mahanu Bhavulu !

Many, Many great people, My Pranams to them all.

Till this day, I have been writing about the old teachers, Gurus of T.A.H.S who served the glorious institution, sincerely, faithfully and as founders architects, artisans and pillars of the great Institution.  I may have and should have continued to write about others also.  For the teachers who were unwillingly omitted.  I have great regard and respect, appreciation etc., If at all, I can give any reason for the omission, I admit, my failing memory due to old age, my shaking hands, my diminishing health are the reasons.

Once again I seek apology for my inability.  The past and present teachers had ( and have) one thing in common in the growth of the institution.  My respects and regards for them.  May I mention at least their names of those persons to satisfy myself.
1.    K Ramaswamy Iyengar (1930-40)
2.    Nataraja Iyer (Maths)
3.    Narayana Swamy Iyengar
4.    L.Jagannatha Iyengar
5.    Sl.3 and 4 were like brothers.  They were the first young teachers to T.A.H.S.  They both worked in T.H.School,Kumbakonam . From Kumbakonam, they finally joined the High school in Neyveli.  They served as H.Ms there.
6.    N Swaminathan
7.    V.S.Krishnamurthy
8.    R.Srinivasa Iyengar (Old R.S)
9.    K Ramanathan M.A.B.T (came from Aduthurai-joined Govt Educational Service) Professor in Teachers college.Kumarapalayam, served in N.C.E.R.T Good Cricket Players
10. G.Swaminathan M.A.BT (My classmate from 6th to 11th std, worked in T.A.H.S. for 2 years-went to Coimbatorebecame the H.M.)
11. P.Mahadevan M.A.B.T (worked in T.A.H.S for 2 years-joined the Higher Sec.School, Aduthurai-became the H.M.of the school.  Now peacefully settled in Mahadana street, T.D.R)
12. V Sivaraman
13. Elango
14. R.Chandrasekar
15. N.Venkataraman  (NVR)
16. S.Sethuramalingam
17. S Govindarajan
18. M Srinivasan
19. M Balakrishnan
20. S.Kuppuswamy
21. K Kangesan
22. S.Paramasivam
23. S.Swaminathan
24. K Ramaswamy Iyer
25. S Ganesa iyer
26. K Ramamurthy
27. P.S.Ramachandran
28. V Swaminathan
29. V.Vaithanadha swamy Iyer(My Guru.Native of Konda samudhram.  He dragged me into the teaching service.  My Thanks to him.  Expect in office work-mainly instrumental in increasing the strength of the school in 1930s)
30. G.S.Krishnamurthy (in1930s-Govindapuram-Very Good English teacher, especially Eng.Grammar)
31. B.Mahalinga Iyer (1930s)
32. N.V Ramachandra Iyer (1930s)
33. Kesava Rao
34. PonSubramania Pillai
35. S V Ganesa mudaliar
36. S Rangasamy Iyengar
37. S Viswanathan-Office asst.
38. R Kumar-Office Asst
39. MSubramania Iyer
40. N Regunatha Iyer
41. K Gurumurthy Iyer
42. T Balasundaram Pillai
43. T.S Balasubramania Pillai-Librarian
44. T Sivasubramaniam (Very active, research minded SecGrade Teacher, Made aeroplane model worked very hard in propagating solar energy, made solar heaters-Got President’s Medal for the best teacher from Sri.K Narayanan the then President of India in Delhi)
45. V.Vaithilingam
46. V.M.Sattanatha thesigar
47. Buvaraga murthy
48. N.R Srinivasa Iyengar-Art Master
49. Raghavan-Lab Assistant
50. K V Ramani-Art Master
51. S.Mahadevan (Kanjanur)
52. S.Nagarajan
53. A Venkatarama Iyer
54. D Sundaram
55. C Mahalingam
56. V S Srinivasa Iyer
57. T.G.Kaliaperumal-Great Athletic teacher
58. S Govindaraja Ondhriyar-Assistant
59. Ramachandra Nainar-Assistant
60. Kannayiram-Assistant
61. Rajangam-Assistant
62. Chandrakasu-Assistan
63. Uthirapathi-Assistant
64. S Pakkiriswamy



Sir, with this I conclude my (this) series.  By God’s grace I intend writing about some interesting personalities of TDR.

Till then Good Bye,
Thanking you,
Yours lovingly,
M.Venkatraman,
Retd teacher,
TAHSS – TDR
Camp : Pondicherry

No comments:

Post a Comment