Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Message Sent by Sri Sridharan on Sangamam III held at Mahabalipuram 01/05/10 and on 02/05/10

Dear Friends,

I am proud  to be a student from the TAHS.  After a struggle in the prime age for want of money and a recognition in the social life, I learnt from the great masters of our TAHS how one could maintain the serenity and how one could come out of difficult situations through  the traditional teaching. Born in a middle class Brahmin family and bought up in a remote village Naduvakkarai, which is about 6 Kms. From Tiruvidaimarudur, where our TAHS gave me a shelter for education. Joining in 6th standard, pursuing till 11th standard, the five years ran so fast and I had to learn typewriting and shorthand for which our Ayyappa Technical Institute gave me the booster. Coming through many odds in life, I left the village on 23rd August 1967 and reached Bombay and was taken care of by my uncle.

In October 1967, I could get a typist’s job in a private office where the salary was Rs.100/- p.m. ; then joined Income Tax as a Stenographer to the Income Tax Officer and served for only one month after which I had an opportunity to join Reserve Bank as a typist on 6th October 1969. Salary I received at the Reserve Bank was Rs.260/- Having the responsibility of bringing up my two younger brothers I used to send Rs.150 to my parents and leaving with me only Rs.110/- for my train pass and other expenses. Days rolled on and in the year 1971, I was promoted as a Stenographer. In the ladder I struggled and I could become a Private Secretary (which is in the Officer’s cadre). In the year 2007, I became the Secretary to one of the Deputy Governors and in November 2007 I became the Principal Private Secretary to the Governor (Dr.Y.V.Reddy and then to Dr.D.Subbarao, present Governor of the RBI). Earlier in my capacity as the stenographer I worked under Dr.I.G.Patel, Dr.C.Rangarajan, Shri Malhotra. With the blessings of our teachers, I could come out with an unblemished service record of nearly 40 years with the  RBI and even after my retirement, God has been kind enough in affording me an opportunity in Thiruvarur, as the Private Secretary to the Vice Chancellor, Central University of Tamil Nadu.  Words of our Head Master, Shri M.A.Rajagopala Iyengar who made a remark when I signed the SSLC book, saying that “are you thinking you are the RBI Governor” had come true in one sense to retire from RBI as the Principal Private Secretary to the Governor, RBI.
Longing for 10 paise in school days, LORD proved me to be the hypothetically a rich person having been the Principal Private Secretary to the authority who has the power to sign the currency notes on one side and after my retirement, LORD fulfilled my dream, though not able to continue my academic  career, by giving me an opportunity to work as the Secretary to the Vice Chancellor of Central University of Tamil Nadu at Thiruvarur. LORD bestowed me this opportunity after retirement and in a place closer to our Thiruvidaimarudur. What a great coincidence!

I only appeal to the younger generation, please be sincere, honest, loveable and beyond all these qualities, try to follow the ethical way of life and rest of the things leave it to the discretion of the creator, HE will take care of you!

This is the III sangamam, there will be lot of our fraternity attending this Meet and I hope, in the days to come, this Sagamam will be converted into Sagara Sangamam. Ocean of  friends!

Though I tried to attend, I am unable to do so on account of unavoidable official commitment. I am thankful to one and all for showing me their concern and love and desired that I should attend this meet but unfortunately I am not going to be there physically present amongst you but by my mental stamina I will imagine, dream and enjoy every moment of these two days i.e. 1st and 2nd May 2010.

All the very best to all of you.

I will be happy to accept any responsibility that may be entrusted to me and I shall strive hard to be a nodal point for organizing such meets at frequent intervals. Thanks for reposing faith in me.!

No comments:

Post a Comment