Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Memories rewound in TAHS- 5 RBI Sridhar

I was studying in the X Standard - B Section. Our class teacher was Shri Krishnaswamy (known as Kitti Sir) and a person with perfection in all respects. Loveable,soft spoken and at the same time strict. However I could find a place in his heart and he used to love me especially for my handwriting in English and scoring tolerable marks to his satisfaction. Kitti Sir never stopped his teaching only to English but any period, any class he will handle with his superb style and knowledge. It was in the month of September 1964.
               My family used to anticipate postman at the end of moth for receiving money order either from my uncle or my father from a very far off place. Everything depends on receipt of money order and even a delay of a week will put the house in dried up condition of the required provision in which rice is very important to fill our stomach. This time lot of delay in receiving money order and my grandmother who used to be so concerned about us could not do anything with her influence to ask for any financial help from either the neighbours or any known person. On that day morning I was also equally worried and of course I had the scope of asking my friends but I restrained myself and with this thought I was standing at one of the steps of the staircases which leads to the class in the newly constructed building (of course it was new at that time). Kitti Sir was coming down in those steps and saw my depressed face and asked me with lot of concern as to what was my problem. When I narrated him the story and the agony in which I was submerged, he immediately took out a small diary which he used to keep in his pocket and started scanning through each and every page which took at least 2 minutes to find out a two rupee note and he removed and gave it to me and said "Go straight to Rao's rice shop in Tiruvidaimarudur and take 6 litres of rice which would cost you around Re.1 and 80 paise(at that time a litre was 30 paise) and you will have a balance of 20 paise in which you could eat some thing and take home the rice and give it to your grandmother". I cannot, in my life, forget this incidence and the quality of the master who had compassion built in him. A great Master for me and I always remember him.
Such is the greatness of our school and teacher and let us not forget them forever and why? even till the last breathe departs from our body.
Feedback to: naduvakkarai@rediffmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment